To empower advertisers to target specific audiences, CitrusAd requires access to customer data. This section explains how to send customer data to CitrusAd. You can sync your customer data with CitrusAd via API or via file.
CitrusAd's customer targeting is based on key:value pairings from retailer 1st party data, it is best to use this feature for qualitative data ingestion for specific customer groups, as opposed to behavioural audiences (such as purchased XYZ product in the last Y days).
An example of this would be for example customer's ages or similar.
As a retailer, you send CitrusAd each
customerId (hashed value), as well as targeting criteria in a file or API.
CitrusAd creates corresponding questions in the UI for advertisers to target, directly correlated to the data in the feed you provide. An example is below.
Targeting audiences can allow advertisers to focus their campaigns where it is most effective for their target market, targeting the right customers at the right time.
As mentioned, this aligns to the data sent to CitrusAd. An example feed is below that aligns to the above example.
As can be seen in the example above, if you are looking to synchronise age ranges as targeting questions, they need to be provided to CitrusAd as consistent values in strict ranges.
When activating multiple questions, each selection operates as an OR selection.
For example: selecting Retail and 21-30 and 31-40 creates the below combinations of customers: [Retail] OR [21-30] OR [31-40].
In the example feed above, only customer
123XBAwould not be targeted.
- If you do not specify all targeting values for a customer ID, they can reduce the quality of targeted campaigns (detailed further in the in-depth examples)
- Each customer can only be tagged with a single attribute per
- In the example above, one customerId cannot be tagged with "Retail" and "Corporate"
- This means you cannot create a targeting group of "Recent categories" or similar, as each customer will only have one value assigned
- We recommend to use qualitative data, as it is more single-answer oriented per user (e.g age: 18-25)
- Audience targeting is enabled per ad type, and not per-placement
- Audience targeting cannot be enabled on the same ad-type as fixed tenancy campaigns